CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re:Free Cad

Posted by Mike Rainone
on 2000-06-27 09:18:10 UTC
I model in Rhino which is still free for demo, I think. It is the best 3d modeling packages I have ever encountered, from 3d
Studio Max to Lightwave, Animation Master, Blender etc. It exports perfectly into Mill Wizard in DXF. And yes, it makes impellers or
propellers with little fuss. I have turbo cad v6 and hate it. My wife, who is an architect, is using intellicad as an Acad
substitute at home, finds it awkward, spends more time cussing at it than making progress. I will admit that I am biased toward
Rhino, since it uses the ALS geometry library. The ALS library is also the root of Alias/Maya, which I taught a long time ago and
therefore made a pretty comfortable transition for me. However, many new users indicate that Rhino is the easiest 3d package to
learn.

Other opinions, group?

Mike Rainone