CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: June 7 EMC install problems

Posted by Ray Henry
on 2000-06-27 18:37:02 UTC
>Message: 12
> Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 06:58:36 -0400
> From: "John Guenther" <jguenther@...>
>Subject: June 7 EMC install problems.
>
>Ray,
>
>I have followed your instructions to the letter, been through it several
>times from the get go on two different machines., and still have problems
>with the EMC compile using the June 7 EMC release. The configuration is
>Redhat 6.2 with kernel 2.2.14, rtlinux prepatched kernel 2_2_13, and EMC
>June 7, 2000 release. Here is the problem, after finally getting all of
>the files copied to the correct places per your instructions, I still can't
>get iosh to build. I get a long list of warnings and then it quits with and
>Error 1 message. EMC appears to work fine in simulation mode but without
>iosh I don't think it will do me much good trying to run the machine.

John

The good news is that iosh isn't needed by anything but a script called
ioshow and an emcio clone called tkio.

More good news is that you might try discarding all of my EMC install
instructions because the compiler with RH 6.2 seems to be in tune with the
way that the EMC was written. Fred Proctor posted a brief report on 6.2
install on emc@... in which he said.

---