CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Power Supplie's

on 2005-12-15 08:02:32 UTC
Jarrett,

I can help you with building your power supply. Basically all it takes is a
transformer, bridge rectifier and a capacitor. From the capacitor you will
need a separate wire and a fuse before going to each Gecko drive. I can make
a wiring diagram for you. I also have a wiring diagram from my CNC router
plans on my web page at www.campbelldesigns.com/electricalpdf.pdf. For my
current design I use a solid-state relay to turn on the power supply when
Mache3 has control. I use the charge pump feature off of my breakout board
to turn on the solid-state relay.

For the transformer in Canada, you can have one built by Plitron in Toronto.
In the states I buy mine from Parts Express. The transformer from Parts
express are made in China, but they normally have them in stock for next day
delivery. Plitron only makes them to order and it takes about one month to
have one shipped.

4.5 volt stepper motors may not be your best choice. Since you have them I
would use them. The other choice is to buy new stepper motors. I sell
stepper motors and I have them in stock. My 640 oz/in new square type design
normally sell for $120 each. I do have three with a 3/8 inch shaft that I
would like to clear out at $80.00 each. Since you will need four, I could
add one of the 640 motors with a 1/2" shaft at the same price

Bob Campbell
Bob Campbell Designs
www.Campbelldesigns.com
Mach 2/3 breakout boards