CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: can get my Bridgeport to move

on 2006-01-01 01:45:43 UTC
odowdpat,

It most likely is the charge pump circuit. Does the out-4 LED come on.
Out-4 needs to come on if you are using the XML file from my web page.

You can change jumper JMP3 which is close to the transformer. Setting it to
the N1 side will bypass the charge pump.

Bob Campbell
Bob Campbell Designs
www.Campbelldesigns.com
Mach 2/3 breakout boards
Relay boards
Spindle Speed boards
Stepper motors
Plasma Torch Height control

----- Original Message -----
From: "odowdpat" <patdowd@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2005 3:52 PM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: can get my Bridgeport to move

> Bob,
> thank you for your reply. When I use the arrow keys to move the X
> and Y axis, the DRO in Mach2 show that the axis should be moving
> (the DROs increment up and down. But the LEDs stay on bright and
> neither axis
> moves. I've tried a different cable on LTP1, it made no difference.
> I've checked the port to make sure the system thinks it's working
> right. I did notice that it's assignment is set to automatic.
> Have you got any ideas what I should try next?
>
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Campbell" <bob@c...>
> wrote:
>>
>> Patrick,
>>
>> That is normal. What you are seeing is the path through the
> optical
>> isolators in the Gecko drive.
>>
>> At that point you should be able to jog and see the dir lights turn
> on and
>> off.
>>
>> Bob Campbell
>> Bob Campbell Designs
>> www.Campbelldesigns.com
>> Mach 2/3 breakout boards
>> Relay boards
>> Spindle Speed boards
>> Stepper motors
>> Plasma Torch Height control

Discussion Thread

odowdpat 2005-12-31 09:49:39 UTC can get my Bridgeport to move Robert Campbell 2005-12-31 12:56:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] can get my Bridgeport to move odowdpat 2005-12-31 13:52:31 UTC Re: can get my Bridgeport to move Robert Campbell 2006-01-01 01:45:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: can get my Bridgeport to move odowdpat 2006-01-01 16:52:53 UTC Re: can get my Bridgeport to move