CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: AutoCad help. How to draw a smooth curved line between a small and large circle

Posted by Haider Riza
on 2006-03-06 23:01:00 UTC
Yes, indeed the correct way to draw a smooth curved
line is using tan-tan-radius option in the circle
command. I would like to add one or two points here
Peter.
You have mentioned that the cursor was automatically
picking the quadrant of circle and causing the
unwanted bump or sharp edge. This was due to OSNAP
settings already set. You can override object snap
settings by calling in object snap pop up menu any
time within any command by shift+right mouse click and
then selecting tangent option from that menu. Then you
will not have cursor picking un-necesary snaps.

The second point is that in most such applications
using arc command (start,end,radius) and picking two
tangents for start and end will not work. The best way
is to use circle command and then trimthe unwanted
portions.

Thanks

Haider
--- Peter Megan Isabella <apalais@...>
wrote:

> Jarret,
>
> I think that this might have been they way I was
> shown how to do it at class
> a few years ago.
> I will give it a go and see how it turns out.
>
> Peter
> Australia

=== message truncated ===

apples0_17 2006-03-06 04:19:17 UTC AutoCad help. How to draw a smooth curved line between a small and large circle Andy Wander 2006-03-06 04:22:26 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] AutoCad help. How to draw a smooth curved line between a small and large circle ernie7@b... 2006-03-06 06:13:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] AutoCad help. How to draw a smooth curved line between a small and large circle jerryflyguy 2006-03-06 07:12:51 UTC Re: AutoCad help. How to draw a smooth curved line between a small and large circle Peter Megan Isabella 2006-03-06 11:01:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: AutoCad help. How to draw a smooth curved line between a small and large circle Haider Riza 2006-03-06 23:01:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: AutoCad help. How to draw a smooth curved line between a small and large circle