CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EDM wire tensioning

Posted by Paul Kelly
on 2006-04-06 16:04:30 UTC
A micro generating a PWM signal for your winder motor based on some input
would be easy (if you're a micro kind of electronics guy) it'd save you half
a bridge. Philips make some good power op amps, up to about 25W I think.
As for sensors. The homebrew options that spring to mind are:

A wedge shaped paddle that moves in front of an LDR, angle of wedge
determines rate of change of the value of the LDR.

Hall effect, something like a UGN3503 and a weak magnet on the tensioning
arm.

I'm told that there are some proxes that have a linear output..

All this is being on the assumption that you cant use a potentiometer as the
pivot for the tensioning arm?

Hope that helps

PK

Discussion Thread

Graham Stabler 2006-04-06 07:03:04 UTC EDM wire tensioning Paul Kelly 2006-04-06 16:04:30 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EDM wire tensioning Graham Stabler 2006-04-06 16:43:39 UTC Re: EDM wire tensioning Roy J. Tellason 2006-04-06 17:22:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EDM wire tensioning Paul Kelly 2006-04-06 19:55:47 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EDM wire tensioning Graham Stabler 2006-04-07 02:27:48 UTC Re: EDM wire tensioning Roy J. Tellason 2006-04-07 12:34:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: EDM wire tensioning