CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] NAMES this weekend.

on 2006-04-24 13:17:43 UTC
I'm glad to hear htat hte show went well!!!

Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend. The economy is still a bit
tough around here and I have big $$$$ to spend on the house. Going to
the show isn't really the problem, it is the need to resist buying
anything that makes for negativity.

I must say though it is really good to hear that the CNC crowd is
starting ot come back. I'm not fully tuned into what happended in
2004 other than to think that a lack of space and stubburn personalities
might have had an impact there. It is hard tfor a reasonable person
to deny that CNC is going to be a part of the hobby end of machining in
the fuutre. Traditionalist may scoff at the idea but such hardware
does open up the posisbilities tremendously.

Did the new venue afford more commercial vendors to set up shop?
I'm also hoping for an eventual expansion of modelers displaying
different stuff. The nice things about the show in York is the boats
and ships models and the auction. I hate to see the show limited to
sjust model engineering, that is iengies and stuff nade solely for their
won right. Interesting yes but a steam engine in an operating boat is
more interesting just as the large locomotives are more interesting
than a steam engine sitting on a table top display.

By the way will anybody have web site up with pictures?

I do hope that next year is a bit easier to get to.

Thanks
Dave