CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: g-code for my touch probe

Posted by ballendo
on 2006-04-27 17:31:36 UTC
Graham,

<Still>Interested? Yes.

Metric tooling a problem stateside? No.

Consider implementing your idea of a pcb top--or delrin--to the hub.
You could easily mill the hub as you did the body parts; and this
would allow you to have 3 appropriately sized and located slots for
the dowel pins.

Nice to see you considering publishing/ posting the details of your
probe. IMO it will be a valuable addition to the DIY-CNC community!

Ballendo

P.S. Were I starting from scratch--being stateside--I'd use 1/8"
balls and 1/8" drill blanks. 4-40 screws.

But .093 drill blanks and 3/32 balls wouldn't be any problem to
source, and 2-56 screws would be fine.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Graham Stabler" <eexgs@...>
wrote:

> Quite a few people have asked me for CAD or g-code for my touch
probe:

> http://www.indoor.flyer.co.uk/probe.htm
>
> And I'm afraid I fell foul to a lack of confidence when buidling
it,
> because it was my first real CNC project I half expected it not to
> work and so did not do things as I should. What I have are some 2D
> sketches and some mastercam files with pocketing procedures that
> effectively hold the information about the other dimensions. The
> g-code itself was lost when a PC died.
>
> But I realized that by combining the mastercam file and the CAD I
can
> create a proper drawing and I can also redo the g-code.
>
> I was wondering if anyone was interested in this and if anyone had
any
> suggestions with regards to tool sizes. Obviously drills can be
> changed to match screws used etc but the tool paths need to match
> cutter sizes for milling. I used a 3mm and 1mm endmill and a 1mm
PCB
> router. The material was 10mm thick and the g-code matches this
also.

> Would this be a problem for those stateside?
>
> Graham

Discussion Thread

Graham Stabler 2006-04-26 16:28:27 UTC g-code for my touch probe Alan Marconett 2006-04-26 18:01:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] g-code for my touch probe ballendo 2006-04-27 17:31:36 UTC Re: g-code for my touch probe Graham Stabler 2006-04-27 17:59:17 UTC Re: g-code for my touch probe