CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

re:acceleration, was:Re: Another router video..

on 2006-06-02 18:51:46 UTC
Most NEMA-23 motors can easily deliver 50 to 80 Watts mechanical. The
drive used was a stock-standard G201. The motor I used in the test
(MCG IH230014) delivers:

24VDC 51W @ 3,000RPM (23 in-oz @ 3,000RPM)
48VDC 109W @ 3,0000RPM (49 in-oz @ 3,000RPM)
72VDC 164W @ 3,000RPM (74 in-oz @ 3,000RPM)

The "thrust" on the screw (1-TPI) was respectively:

24VDC 9lbs @ 3,000IPM
48VDC 19lbs @ 3,000IPM
72VDC 29lbs @ 3,000IPM

The purpose of the test was a 1st try to see how the adaptive servo
algorithm firmware (unstallable stepper project) functions. It was
detuned in these results; tuning it to motor limits should
considerably increase performance. Maybe double the "jacked up"
values.

I took the video. This weekend I'll convert it to a postable MPEG4
(DivX) format.

Mariss

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Elliot Burke" <elliot@...>