CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re:acceleration, was:Re: Another router video..

Posted by Dan Mauch
on 2006-06-02 21:06:37 UTC
Oh, and incidentally, I happen to sell those and other MCG stepper motors (I
couldn't resist the shameless plug) . All set up to add an encoder and your
there.

Dan Mauch
low cost stepper and servo motors.
cases for Gecko drives
kits and assembled 3-4 axis drives
www.camtronics-cnc.com
www.seanet.com/~dmauch
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mariss Freimanis" <mariss92705@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 6:51 PM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re:acceleration, was:Re: Another router video..

> Most NEMA-23 motors can easily deliver 50 to 80 Watts mechanical. The
> drive used was a stock-standard G201. The motor I used in the test
> (MCG IH230014) delivers:
>
> 24VDC 51W @ 3,000RPM (23 in-oz @ 3,000RPM)
> 48VDC 109W @ 3,0000RPM (49 in-oz @ 3,000RPM)
> 72VDC 164W @ 3,000RPM (74 in-oz @ 3,000RPM)
>
> The "thrust" on the screw (1-TPI) was respectively:
>
> 24VDC 9lbs @ 3,000IPM
> 48VDC 19lbs @ 3,000IPM
> 72VDC 29lbs @ 3,000IPM
>
> The purpose of the test was a 1st try to see how the adaptive servo
> algorithm firmware (unstallable stepper project) functions. It was
> detuned in these results; tuning it to motor limits should
> considerably increase performance. Maybe double the "jacked up"
> values.
>
> I took the video. This weekend I'll convert it to a postable MPEG4
> (DivX) format.
>
> Mariss
>

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Elliot Burke" <elliot@...>
> wrote:
>>
>> Mariss,
>> It would be interesting to know how much power the stepper motor
> can supply.
>> Given your numbers below, if more weight were added to the stage to
> slow
>> down the acceleration and the same values measured, the motor power
> should
>> be easily determined. This would be assuming that the motor is
> producing
>> the same amount of power with each of the two load masses. Maybe
> it would
>> be better to measure the times with more than two different loads.
>>
>> High speed video is expensive, maybe an LED on the stage could be
> made to
>> flash at 1 kHz or so and a single image with a still camera. If
> you pan the
>> camera perpendicularly to the stage motion for several cycles of
> motion, it
>> might make a really pretty picture.
>>
>> The "parallemic triaglide" type stages
>> http://www.parallemic.org/Reviews/Review002.html have been claimed
> to have
>> up to 50 g acceleration. If this could be maintained for 17
> seconds, it
>> could be used to hurl something into orbit.
>>
>> 17 seconds * 50 g * 32 ft/s^2 *3600/5280 (seconds/hr)/(ft/mile) =
> 18545
>> miles/hour.
>>
>> regards-
>> Elliot
>>

>> Date: Fri Jun 2, 2006 1:57 pm (PDT)
>> From: "Mariss Freimanis" mariss92705@...
>> Subject: acceleration, was:Re: Another router video..
>>

>> Well, I jacked it up a little:
>>
>> Velocity: 65.535" per second or 1.664 meters per second
>> Motor speed: 3,932 RPM
>> Accel time: 0.0853 seconds
>> Accel rate: 2 G
>> Distance moved: 20.000" or 0.508 meters
>> Move time: 0.392 seconds
>> Avg velocity: 51.02" per second or 1.296 meters per second
> [...]

Discussion Thread

Elliot Burke 2006-06-02 11:30:48 UTC acceleration, was:Re: Another router video.. Mariss Freimanis 2006-06-02 13:57:07 UTC acceleration, was:Re: Another router video.. Elliot Burke 2006-06-02 16:44:43 UTC re:acceleration, was:Re: Another router video.. Mariss Freimanis 2006-06-02 18:51:46 UTC re:acceleration, was:Re: Another router video.. Dan Mauch 2006-06-02 21:06:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re:acceleration, was:Re: Another router video..