CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Bridgeport Manual Series One 2J, RETROFIT HELP

Posted by Polaraligned
on 2006-06-19 04:17:42 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "aa5wg" <aa5wg@...> wrote:

> Hello everyone. I think I found a nice Bridgeport Series One manual
> vertical mill. I would like to retrofit it for CNC 4 axis. However,
> as you may know, the retrofit kits are VERY expensive. Some of these
> kits are very good. I read that the ELROD Z axis retro is good.
>
> I need help in doing a first class home brew cnc retrofit for the above
> machine. Can anyone help/advise me with this goal? Thank you for your
> kind consideration.
> Chuck Pool
> Cedar, Michigan
> aa5wg@...

Bruno, I am pulling a blank and can't remember his first name.
He is on this list and sells a sweet set of plans for a BP
retrofit with quill drive. Search the archives. Drop him an e-mail.
As for the poster who said get a dead CNC, I have been on the
CNC lists for several years and have not heard anything about
quill drive retrofits being inadequate. I have heard arguments both
ways about retrofitting BOSS's vs Series 1's. No clear winner.
You will in all likelyhood get a better Series 1 than a BOSS machine.
Most old BOSS machines are pretty worn, not that you can't find
that rare gem.
If you have a real nice series one manual, I see no reason not to
convert it.

Join CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO Yahoo list. Search for BP conversions and
you will find lots of info.

Scott

Discussion Thread

aa5wg 2006-06-17 16:26:29 UTC Bridgeport Manual Series One 2J, RETROFIT HELP Polaraligned 2006-06-19 04:17:42 UTC Re: Bridgeport Manual Series One 2J, RETROFIT HELP