CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Anilam conversion - recommend Geck and Mach3, general recommendations

Posted by caudlet
on 2006-07-13 12:35:03 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Tom Harrison <TomH-C-N-C@...>
wrote:

> Wow! I am overwhelmed with the generous response, hannu.
>
> I have discussed with Gecko the servo motors on the 3 axes of the
> mill, and I will retain those. The Hoffmann rotary axis has a
> Superior M112 stepper on it, which I would use with a different
Gecko driver.

> The remaining items are the I/O control of the pendant buttons (not
> sure yet how those are all wired, but it looks like some sort of
> standardized I/O card in the PC control. As I said, the outboard PLC
> controls the M-code functions like spindle speed (through a VFD) and
> coolant, etc., and I would need to control that PLC through Mach3.
>
> The external I/O is the biggie, I guess. I would like to find some
> way of managing that, perhaps with a custom software driver, I guess....
>
> Tom Harrison

Tom, Check out our new Port 2 card for the Mini-IO. It provides 13
inputs and 4 more buffered outputs for use with a 2nd parallel port.
We use it for our new 12 function handwheel pendant but we also have a
remote breakout with all the I/O that connects back via a DB25 cable.

The port inputs are mappable to MACH3 functions. If you need more
inputs than that you will have to go with a Modbus approach.

We also have a complete box that has the Mini-io for port 1, the Port2
Card and everything else to give you two full ports of I/O for gecko
drives and isolated inputs. New products at:

http://www.candcnc.com/Mini-IOProductsChart.htm

Manual for the unit is under the Manuals section off the home page.

Discussion Thread

Tom Harrison 2006-07-13 09:31:51 UTC Anilam conversion hannu venermo 2006-07-13 10:02:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Anilam conversion - recommedn Geck and Mach3, general recommendations Tom Harrison 2006-07-13 10:54:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Anilam conversion - recommend Geck and Mach3, general recommendations hannu venermo 2006-07-13 12:02:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Anilam conversion - recommend Geck and Mach3, general recommendations. Get a grex ! caudlet 2006-07-13 12:35:03 UTC Re: Anilam conversion - recommend Geck and Mach3, general recommendations Tom Harrison 2006-07-13 23:03:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Anilam conversion - recommend Geck and Mach3, general recommendations Arturo E. Duncan 2006-07-14 09:04:31 UTC Re: Anilam conversion - recommend Geck and Mach3, general recommendations. Get a grex ! Tom Harrison 2006-07-14 11:05:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Anilam conversion - recommend Geck and Mach3, general recommendations. Get a grex !