CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Anilam conversion - recommend Geck and Mach3, general recommendations. Get a grex !

on 2006-07-14 09:04:31 UTC
Tom,

I have a new board which I believe has all the features built in that
you are looking for.
http://www.cnc4pc.com/Multifunction_CNC_Board.htm It has a built in
Safety Charge Pump, a Solid State AC Relay, a Mechanical Relay, and
an analog 0-10 output to run you VFD. The nice thing about this
board is that all is built in so your setup will end up very simple
and clean.

How many inputs do you need? How many inputs and outputs does the I/O
card have? If you combine it with the
http://www.cnc4pc.com/Bidirectional_Breakout_Board.htm on a second
port your inputs and outputs will look like this:

INPUTS OUTPUTS TOTAL
LPT1 5 12 17
LPT2 13 4 17
TOTAL 18 16 34

You should be able to wire most of your devices with that. At least
the most important features. You could always use your keyboard for
controlling other inputs.

Arturo Duncan
http://cnc4pc.com

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, hannu venermo <hvenermo@...>
wrote:

> you do not need any custom driver.
> machx supports io in/out immediately through parallel port(s).
>
> get 2 or 3 parallel port cards (cnc4pc, optoisolated, good, cheap,
great
> service, nice guy)
> plug em in your pc a breakout board for each and your're set.
> this will give you about 10 in/out signals apart from motors and
> home/limit switches.
>
> machx will directly support and drive these cards, through
extensible
> mach macros you can even manage complex sets (auto-turret changer
etc.)

> with normal g code command you can directly drive spindle speed,
> direction, coolant, etc.
> If you get a speed control board (homann design i think) you can
> directly drive your
> spindle speed to about +/- 1 rpm 0-5000 rpm, with 1 index pulse.
easy,
> cheap reliable, integrated.
>
> btw- i build complex computer hw/sw systems for a living,
> only get paid on results,
> am not a machinist yet (maybe a yourneyman machinist at best, lots
> learn),
> but most of my computer stuff will not be wrong.
>
> BTW- Excellent option, if
> a. you can afford some learning,
> b. have 500$ to spare,
> get a grex interface card.
> Tons of io (100+ maybe ?, cant recall), VERY fast, very good, sw
support
> is coming.
> Its about 20-50x better price/features than any industrial control
out
> there.
>
> Mach3 will drive it today, some features are coming. It will bust
the
> market, and be nr 1. in the market immediately.
> It may make mach3 and gecko motion control leaders (prob.70% +/- 5)
in
> the world, unless mariss sells out.
> I don't have one yet, as my big mill project is still under work,
will
> get one when I have mechanics sorted out.
> Best one on the market, bar none. Discrete logic (or plc) is the
only
> thing faster (5000$+, 200 hours+ of work).
>
> All opinions are my own, no affiliation.
> >

> > The external I/O is the biggie, I guess. I would like to find some
> > way of managing that, perhaps with a custom software driver, I
guess....

Discussion Thread

Tom Harrison 2006-07-13 09:31:51 UTC Anilam conversion hannu venermo 2006-07-13 10:02:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Anilam conversion - recommedn Geck and Mach3, general recommendations Tom Harrison 2006-07-13 10:54:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Anilam conversion - recommend Geck and Mach3, general recommendations hannu venermo 2006-07-13 12:02:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Anilam conversion - recommend Geck and Mach3, general recommendations. Get a grex ! caudlet 2006-07-13 12:35:03 UTC Re: Anilam conversion - recommend Geck and Mach3, general recommendations Tom Harrison 2006-07-13 23:03:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Anilam conversion - recommend Geck and Mach3, general recommendations Arturo E. Duncan 2006-07-14 09:04:31 UTC Re: Anilam conversion - recommend Geck and Mach3, general recommendations. Get a grex ! Tom Harrison 2006-07-14 11:05:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Anilam conversion - recommend Geck and Mach3, general recommendations. Get a grex !