CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Bridgeport for CNC, what to look for?

Posted by Paul Amaranth
on 2006-08-29 04:17:40 UTC
That also seems a little high for a Hydrapoint. They were selling for
around $400 at auction four or five years ago. I guess scrap prices
have gone up.

If you check out the practical machinist board in the for sale section,
there's a fellow in California that has a BTC-1 he wants to sell. I
think he'd take any reasonable offer (i.e. anything more than scrap).
That's a pretty decent machine as-is, but you can always retrofit if
you want.

Comes with a complete set of manuals and an assortment of toolholders.
If you buy it, you can lend me the manuals for copying :-) And if you
retrofit, you can sell me the old controls, so it's a no-lose deal :-)

No financial interest, but I have been trying to get him to scrap it
so I can get the manuals and controls :-) It's too far for me to
ship the whole machine.

If you're interested, drop me a note and I'll send you his e-mail.

Paul

--
Paul Amaranth, GCIH | Rochester MI, USA
paul@... | Unix & Windows

Discussion Thread

John Stevenson 2006-08-28 23:43:26 UTC Re: Bridgeport for CNC, what to look for? Paul Amaranth 2006-08-29 04:17:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Bridgeport for CNC, what to look for? turbulatordude 2006-08-29 08:07:05 UTC Re: Bridgeport for CNC, what to look for? Lucas 2006-08-29 11:12:41 UTC Re: Bridgeport for CNC, what to look for? John Delaney 2006-08-29 19:12:16 UTC Re: Bridgeport for CNC, what to look for?