CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Gecko matched servomotors with US Digital encoders

Posted by rllalonde2000
on 2006-09-12 00:42:46 UTC
Nope, not a MCG at all. Take a second look at the specs. They
actually don't match id33003 which I believe is a 90 volt motor? Ours
is 72 volts in order to get full voltage supply from a Gecko. Other
ratings are close but differ as well.

The length of the body is 174mm.

Rick L.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Richards" <miker@...>
wrote:

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "rllalonde2000" <alalonde@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all, Rick from HomeshopCNC here. A while back I asked Mariss
to call
> > out specs for a MCG type servo in order to get a good match to
G320 &
> > 340. The motors I ordered on that basis are here now and we mount
250
> > or 500 CPR encoders from USD on them. These are nema 34 with
skewed
> > rotors for low cogging.
> >
> > I've been to the factory and believe in the performance/longevity
of
> > these servos. We also offer Geckos at a great price if you get
one with
> > a motor. See www.homeshopcnc.com
> >
> > -Rick L.
> >

> It sure looks like a ID33003 servo to me. Your web site doens't
list
> the model number or the length of the motor, but the other specs
match
> the ID33003. In all respects, it looks like a good middle-of-the-
road
> brushed servo, that, with proper gearing, should be a great
performer
> (but at about 2X the length of a 600 oz*in stepper).
>
> -Mike

Discussion Thread

rllalonde2000 2006-09-09 03:23:53 UTC Gecko matched servomotors with US Digital encoders Mike Richards 2006-09-10 11:09:19 UTC Re: Gecko matched servomotors with US Digital encoders rllalonde2000 2006-09-12 00:42:46 UTC Re: Gecko matched servomotors with US Digital encoders KelingInc 2006-09-22 18:14:06 UTC SERVO Motor with US Digital Encoder