CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Gecko matched servomotors with US Digital encoders

Posted by Mike Richards
on 2006-09-10 11:09:19 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "rllalonde2000" <alalonde@...>
wrote:

> Hi all, Rick from HomeshopCNC here. A while back I asked Mariss to call
> out specs for a MCG type servo in order to get a good match to G320 &
> 340. The motors I ordered on that basis are here now and we mount 250
> or 500 CPR encoders from USD on them. These are nema 34 with skewed
> rotors for low cogging.
>
> I've been to the factory and believe in the performance/longevity of
> these servos. We also offer Geckos at a great price if you get one with
> a motor. See www.homeshopcnc.com
>
> -Rick L.

It sure looks like a ID33003 servo to me. Your web site doens't list
the model number or the length of the motor, but the other specs match
the ID33003. In all respects, it looks like a good middle-of-the-road
brushed servo, that, with proper gearing, should be a great performer
(but at about 2X the length of a 600 oz*in stepper).

-Mike

Discussion Thread

rllalonde2000 2006-09-09 03:23:53 UTC Gecko matched servomotors with US Digital encoders Mike Richards 2006-09-10 11:09:19 UTC Re: Gecko matched servomotors with US Digital encoders rllalonde2000 2006-09-12 00:42:46 UTC Re: Gecko matched servomotors with US Digital encoders KelingInc 2006-09-22 18:14:06 UTC SERVO Motor with US Digital Encoder