CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: 3 axis retrofit

on 2006-09-25 18:56:12 UTC
I feel that Machinemate will provide a higher end solution without a
rediculous cost. The machineMate Controller is a very powerful control for
closed loop servo's and yes a bridgeport is a very light duty situation. If
you want to keep it a closed loop system I think it is still worth on the
light side power automation sells the 4 axis controller with 48 in and 32
out and you use your pc for under 2000 dollars and it has all the
performance that you could use and operates on a realtime kernel that will
be safe even if windows fails.

Harko

On 9/25/06, Jim Fleig - CNC Services <jim@...> wrote:

> One comment about MachineMate. At one time I was pursuing providing
> MachineMate as a control retrofit for some of my customers machines. Prior
> to this I had done several retrofits with several different types of
> controls. In addition to retrofits, I have probably done every conceivable
> troubleshooting and repair to mills and lathes (15 years of working on these
> machines). I have programmed both mills and lathes in G code and
> conversational. Despite all this, MachineMate insisted that I spend a week
> at their facility to learn their system before I would be allowed to sell
> and install it. I have choosen to pursue other options. I obviously can
> learn and successfully execute control retrofits on my own.
>
> On the plus side, I think the MachineMate is as good a system as many that
> are out there, the people are machine tool knowledgable, friendly and
> professional.
>
> Jim

rs1626 2006-09-06 18:17:48 UTC 3 axis retrofit Jim Fleig 2006-09-24 18:21:36 UTC Re: 3 axis retrofit Harko Schwartz 2006-09-24 20:23:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: 3 axis retrofit Mark Vaughan 2006-09-25 00:32:59 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: 3 axis retrofit vrsculptor 2006-09-25 04:32:55 UTC Re: 3 axis retrofit rs1626@a... 2006-09-25 07:23:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: 3 axis retrofit Jim Fleig - CNC Services 2006-09-25 17:48:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: 3 axis retrofit Harko Schwartz 2006-09-25 18:56:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: 3 axis retrofit