CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] ini file location on Sherline EMC

timgoldstein wrote:

>I have a customer with a Sherline CNC mill that just upgraded to our
>anti-backlash precision leadscrews. It has been years since I have
>used EMC and I am not familar with the build that Sherline is using on
>their CNC package. Can someone point me to the location and file name
>for the configuration ini file so we can change the step increment?

The file should be /usr/local/emc/something.ini

The something would be visible if you right click on the on-screen icon
and click properties. I think there were 4 different ini files on the
Sherline
system for different size machines and inch/mm coordinates.

The parameters you want to change are in the [AXIS_n] sections,
INPUT_SCALE and OUTPUT_SCALE.

That software is AWFULLY old, probably 2002-3. There has been a LOT of
advance in EMC2 since then.

timgoldstein 2006-10-18 08:45:33 UTC ini file location on Sherline EMC Jon Elson 2006-10-18 10:26:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] ini file location on Sherline EMC timgoldstein 2006-10-18 13:11:58 UTC Re: ini file location on Sherline EMC Jon Elson 2006-10-18 19:30:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: ini file location on Sherline EMC Keith Bowers 2006-10-19 07:50:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: ini file location on Sherline EMC