CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Perfect Homing Accuracy

on 2006-10-24 14:08:42 UTC
Randy,

I'am retrofiting an old cnc mill (Schaffner Swiss Made ) , I'am
cutting Steel , Aluminum ... making Blow molds , I have to make it
very accurate since I may not finish all the machining passes in one
day and I have to home accuartly so as I can finish the rest of the
machining the next day.

Shadi Salhab

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, cnc002@... wrote:

> Shadi:
>
> Using the "ZERO" pulse on an encoder is the correct way to insure
that your
> homing location is indeed accurate. That is how the "big boys" do
it on
> industrial machinery that requires accuracy. However, keep in mind
that you are
> asking for 0.01mm of accuracy and that translates to approximately
0.0003".

> To maintain that accuracy in most materials, you may have a problem
if the
> humidity and temperature around the machine and material is not
tightly
> controlled.
>
> May I ask what material and what application you are attempting to
cut? The
> material used in the construction of the machine and the material
you are
> wanting to machine will have a definite effect on what the accuracy
is.

> Randy Abernathy
> 4626 Old Stilesboro Road NW
> Acworth, GA 30101-4066
> E-mail: cnc002@...
>
> I furnish technical support, repair, and other related services for
your
> industrial woodworking machinery. My background as Senior Service
Engineer for

shadi_salhab_78 2006-10-23 23:01:39 UTC Perfect Homing Accuracy Stephen Wille Padnos 2006-10-24 07:19:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Perfect Homing Accuracy cnc002@a... 2006-10-24 09:12:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Perfect Homing Accuracy shadi_salhab_78 2006-10-24 14:08:42 UTC Re: Perfect Homing Accuracy cnc002@a... 2006-10-24 15:54:53 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Perfect Homing Accuracy NeilRobertson 2006-10-25 13:34:16 UTC Re: Perfect Homing Accuracy scx31114 2006-10-26 16:40:34 UTC Re: Perfect Homing Accuracy