CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Perfect Homing Accuracy

Posted by scx31114
on 2006-10-26 16:40:34 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, cnc002@... wrote:

> In a message dated 10/24/2006 5:09:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> salhab@... writes:
>
> Randy,
>
> I'am retrofiting an old cnc mill (Schaffner Swiss Made ) , I'am
> cutting Steel , Aluminum ... making Blow molds , I have to make it
> very accurate since I may not finish all the machining passes in one
> day and I have to home accuartly so as I can finish the rest of the
> machining the next day.
>
> Shadi Salhab
>

> I see, I take it then that the actual machining is not necessarily
going to
> need the same accuracy of 0.01mm you just want to make sure you go
back to the
> same point from which you stopped as closely as possible. I think
using
> either a mechanical limit switch or even a proximity sensor along
with the zero
> pulse on a good quality encoder will do the trick.

This will work only, if you stop the machine at the homing point,
ie. make the homing procedure before switching off the power.
The machine always start with both of the motor windings powered.
If you power down the machine, if it´s stay in a stepping where the
windings not are full powered, you always will have automatically a
offset.
You can test it, without changing somethings, if you power down the
machine after having homed the position, and then power it up, you
don´t have a offset.

Otherwise, capacitive sensors should be very precise and relative cheap.
I personally i don´t have used it.
Instead i have used encapsulated reed relays and magnets with great
success for repeatable homing and limit switch. This are of magnitude
cheaper. This includes the vane sensors based on magnets and
semiconductor hall effect sensors.

shadi_salhab_78 2006-10-23 23:01:39 UTC Perfect Homing Accuracy Stephen Wille Padnos 2006-10-24 07:19:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Perfect Homing Accuracy cnc002@a... 2006-10-24 09:12:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Perfect Homing Accuracy shadi_salhab_78 2006-10-24 14:08:42 UTC Re: Perfect Homing Accuracy cnc002@a... 2006-10-24 15:54:53 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Perfect Homing Accuracy NeilRobertson 2006-10-25 13:34:16 UTC Re: Perfect Homing Accuracy scx31114 2006-10-26 16:40:34 UTC Re: Perfect Homing Accuracy