CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Laser distance meters/ laser trackers

Posted by kefale1
on 2006-11-07 09:40:14 UTC
Hello in the rubber industry is used a laser detector as
profilometer the company that make them is call selcom a link to
this guys is http://www.technodata.com/PDF/LMI/SLS60001.pdf
they offer several heads and the precision is about 0.1 mm and in
some aplications down to 0.01 mm.

This sensors are used to check the profile of the extruded rubber
pieces in the tire industrie.

Take a look and hope it can help you.

Jose L Sanchez

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Graham Stabler" <eexgs@...>
wrote:

> I'm researching laser trackers at the moment with a view to
building a
> low resolution one.
>
> If you want to know what one is check out:
>
> http://www.faro.com/content.aspx?ct=uk&content=pro&item=3
> http://www.leica-
geosystems.com/corporate/en/products/laser_tracker/lgs_35317.htm
> http://www.apisensor.com/
>
> Basically the head tracks a retro reflector and using the angle and
> the distance to the reflector works out position. The returned
beam
> from the retro reflector is off-set unless the beam strikes the
centre
> and this is used for tracking control (servos try to keep zero
offset).

> Distance is determined by interferometry (incremental encoding) or
by
> time-of-flight phase shift methods that provide absolute distance
> measurement (ADM). Neither of this methods involve triangulation.
> These methods give increadible positioning accuracy (tens of
microns)
> at 10's of meters range.
>
> Leica do hand held laser distance meters accurate to +/-1.5mm, I
need
> something that can hold 1mm resolution accurately. I'm looking for
> distance measuring modules that can do that but am not having much
> look. I thought I'd cast a line to the group and ask. I'd prefer
ADM
> but an interferometer would not be ruled out, Renishaw do them but
> they seem to have two beams, it must be single beam.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Graham

Discussion Thread

Graham Stabler 2006-11-07 02:02:29 UTC Laser distance meters/ laser trackers kefale1 2006-11-07 09:40:14 UTC Re: Laser distance meters/ laser trackers Graham Stabler 2006-11-07 15:09:28 UTC Re: Laser distance meters/ laser trackers Harko Schwartz 2006-11-07 15:21:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Laser distance meters/ laser trackers Sebastien Bailard 2006-11-07 17:52:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Laser distance meters/ laser trackers Graham Stabler 2006-11-08 05:52:26 UTC Re: Laser distance meters/ laser trackers Graham Stabler 2006-11-08 06:10:32 UTC Re: Laser distance meters/ laser trackers