CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Enco/Sargon Scale Problem

Posted by Dan Mauch
on 2007-01-09 08:58:25 UTC
Try http://www.digitalreadoutsystem.com/company_info.htm
One of my local customers gave me his enco/sargon DRO because he was so
happy with the control unit I built for him. The problem with the DRO was
that the Y axis sensor was dead. I contacted Tim at the above link and he
got me a Jenix replacement that connector was adapted to work with my
enco/sargon control unit. It worked fine. Since I only use manual machining
infrequently I was not about to spend a lot of money on it. I was delighted
at the good price that I got the replacement for.
Dan Mauch
low cost stepper and servo motors.
cases for Gecko drives
kits and assembled 3-4 axis drives
www.camtronics-cnc.com
www.seanet.com/~dmauch
----- Original Message -----
From: "Randy Jacobs" <randall@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 6:45 PM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Enco/Sargon Scale Problem

> (This was originally posted to Rec.Crafts.Metalworking and they
> suggested I post here)
>
> I've done it now. The cross slide on my lathe has been giving me
> problems. I hesitated to do anything because it meant that I had to
> remove the DRO scale. My cross slide is now working like new. But even
> though I handled the scale as if it were nitroglycerin, my worst fears
> have come true. When I reassembled everything, the read out now reads
> 0.000" no mater what the position on the cross slide is in. The other
> scale, that I didn't touch, works fine, as does the receiving unit.
>
> I was not aware that Sargon is no longer in business. Now what do I
> do? Anyone have an idea on how I can fix this thing? I really don't
> have a budget for a new DRO.
>
> The scale itself is a Sargon LG330-8. The system is Enco (Sargon
> model 625) Are scales of different brands interchangeable?
>

> I have now taken the scale apart. Knowing very little about DRO's,
> everything looked OK. There were no broken or loose parts. There was
> surprisingly very little swarf or grime inside. I did find a broken
> orange wire. I soldered it back together, put everything back together
> and no change, The read out still shows zeros.
>
> While apart I noticed that the spring on the head assembly held the
> read head to the base. The spring is quite stiff. It seems to me that
> the spring should push the head toward the glass.
>
> I would appreciate any help from this group.
>
> TIA
>
> Jay Cups

> timg@...
> Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
> [Moderators]
>
> OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
> if you have trouble.

> sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there, for
> OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

> DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> bill
> List Mom
> List Owner
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Discussion Thread

Randy Jacobs 2007-01-08 19:41:17 UTC Enco/Sargon Scale Problem Darren Clark 2007-01-08 20:13:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Enco/Sargon Scale Problem Dan Mauch 2007-01-09 08:58:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Enco/Sargon Scale Problem Randy Jacobs 2007-01-09 15:12:12 UTC Re: Enco/Sargon Scale Problem Darren Clark 2007-01-09 16:21:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Enco/Sargon Scale Problem Randy Jacobs 2007-01-11 06:56:35 UTC Re: Enco/Sargon Scale Problem- Hopefully the end