CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Parallel port isolation

Posted by Doug Harrison
on 2000-07-20 13:45:22 UTC
Ron;

I believe you are referring to the wonderboard project, for which I am
responsible. My original goal was to build a parallel port isolation board
for interfacing with CNCPro. I acquired much help from members of the list
in sorting out the details. The one detail I haven't sorted out is how to
get time to build a prototype. Of course, it doesn't help that I know squat
about PCB layout.

I have purchased all the parts to build two boards and have sketched what I
think the board should look like. I just don't have time to build it.

Here's an offer. I'll supply the parts and pay someone $300 if they will do
the board layout and testing. I'll foot the bill for a production run of
20-50 bare boards. My only restrictions are:

1. The final design must conform, at a minimum, to my original design
criteria.

2. I get reimbursed for my cost on any boards that list members wish to
purchase. I'll keep whatever the list members don't want. Based on the
inquiries I had off list when we were discussing this, there should be
little problem getting rid of 20-30 boards right away.

Doug Yeager, if you are there, this board might boost your sales. I would
be more than happy to leave the extra boards with you, since you are set up
for credit cards. We can work out the details as it suits you.

Yes, I know $300 is not much to do a board layout. I'm not doing this one
for profit either, and that is why the darn thing is still a dream. My
occupation won't allow me the liberty of hobbies right now.

Well, any takers?

Doug Harrison