CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Wire Edm

Posted by Mark Vaughan
on 2007-03-11 16:00:19 UTC
Most of them just look at the current to control the feed rate.

Brainstorming aloud,

The easiest way is probably to setup something to monitor the current and
convert to a voltage you can feed into the PC.

Then set you own feedrate in your program in something like mach. Use some
VB script to adjust the feedrate override based on your current input.

If there is a rapid rise, i.e. short circuit, possibly above a max current
threshold then halt the program, with draw the tool, possibly step back a
line and let it continue from there.

There may be a feature of one of the drill peck cycles you could play with
to achieve this.

Just some thoughts, but I think along the right lines to get us started.

Dr. Mark Vaughan Ph'D. B.Eng. M0VAU

Managing Director

Vaughan Industries Ltd, reg in UK no 2561068

Water Care Technology Ltd, reg in UK no 4129351

Addr Unit3, Sydney House, Blackwater, Truro, Cornwall, TR4 8HH, UK.
Phone/Fax 44 1872 561288

_____