CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: rhino +3d printer update

on 2007-05-11 20:23:23 UTC
On Friday 11 May 2007 13:09, Graham Stabler wrote:
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "afogassa" <afogassa@...> wrote:
> > Looks likes we are almost there, still need to work on how to get
> > the slices out in sequency to print it.
> >
> > Fogassa
>
> Well done Fogassa! I'm rusty on Rhinoscript and it may have changed
> but from what I remember each object has an ID, you should be able to
> write a script to collect objects with the same z height and do
> something with them.
>
> Otherwise it looks like one way or another there will be a SLC to bmp
> converter comming soon.
>
> I was also considering contacting Rhino, an output slices as bmp
> function would be child's play for them.
>
> Graham

You may also want to look at RepRap's stl-slicing module and slice-filling
module. It's in Java, and you can do what you like with it, within the terms
of the GPL.

In fact, you're welcome to discuss this in our forum/mailing list:
http://forums.reprap.org/list.php?1
We don't have anyone using inkjet cartridges yet, so we'd be eager to see what
you come up with.

Regards,
-Sebastien Bailard
RepRap.org

Discussion Thread

afogassa 2007-05-11 07:56:43 UTC rhino +3d printer update Graham Stabler 2007-05-11 10:09:23 UTC Re: rhino +3d printer update Sebastien Bailard 2007-05-11 20:23:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: rhino +3d printer update