CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Ubuntu Howto

Jerry Jankura wrote:
> Hi, folks:
>
> I recently purchased a Cybernaut Elite II zero footprint PC and a LCD
> monitor and am busy setting it up for CNC applications. I'm currently
> using either TurboCNC or the PuppyLinux version of EMC on a Sony
> PCG-F430 notebook computer. Since I'm starting with a clean computer
> that has enough memory to run Ubuntu, I thought that I'd install it on
> one of the hard drive partitions (I've got Windows XP, FreeDOS, and
> Ubuntu Linux on that machine).
>
> I got to a point where I could Load EMC using the TKEMC (I believe)
> interface. Since I've got Sherline equipment, I edited the EMC file and
> set my display to be the "MINI.TCL" interface, as that's what I'm using
> with my Puppy. At that point, I launched EMC and everything appeared to
> be working properly, so I thought I'd copy the changes to MINI that I
> made to the Puppy version. These changes add the "Function numbers" to
> the Manual, Auto, and MDI buttons and also clean up the E-Stop operation
> a little. Nothing big. and everything was working for months on the
> Puppy version.
>
> Using gedit, Ubuntu would not allow me to save my modified version, so I
You should not try to change anything in the sample files, but
make copies under your user directory. In most cases, EMC
components look there for requested files automatically.

There may be changes to the names of some functions or NML
messages that won't allow files to be compied directly from
older systems. If you have copies of the original files before
you modified them, you could do a "diff" to see if there have
been any changes between your Puppy version and the Ubuntu version.

Also, if you are going to use EMC, you should join the emc lists
on sourceforge.

Jerry Jankura 2007-05-11 21:26:20 UTC Ubuntu Howto David G. LeVine 2007-05-11 22:45:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Ubuntu Howto Bill Vance 2007-05-12 00:30:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Ubuntu Howto Jon Elson 2007-05-12 11:36:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Ubuntu Howto Jerry Jankura 2007-05-12 20:42:52 UTC Re: Ubuntu Howto Jerry Jankura 2007-05-13 17:10:02 UTC Ubuntu Howto Jon Elson 2007-05-13 20:47:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Ubuntu Howto Stephen Wille Padnos 2007-05-13 21:42:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Ubuntu Howto Andrey Lipavsky 2007-05-13 21:55:19 UTC O/T Product notice