CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: 3d printer project

on 2007-05-31 18:54:23 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "afogassa" <afogassa@...> wrote:

> This way I should not need to make the motors on the printer itself
> reverse direction, nor should i make any major changes to the
> printer electronics.
>
> What you Guys think ?

I have not seen the lexmarks but on the HP and the epson printers the
paper feed motor acts in the reverse direction to pick up the paper,
if it turns a long way you may need a very long gantry. Also does it
have a a head cleaning bay? Basically you must determine what else
the paper feed motor does apart from feed paper.

In terms of returning the gantry with a separate motor, well this may
be possible but it does rather depend on how the original motor is
driving the gantry in the forwards direction, it may not like to be
back driven.

By sending the pc a busy signal I assume you mean via the door open
switch or something like that? The alternative is a delay between
prints, this is what Roger's software will be able to do.

I think you will just have to try at the end of the day and see how it
goes.

Graham

Discussion Thread

afogassa 2007-05-31 18:25:03 UTC 3d printer project Alan KM6VV 2007-05-31 18:42:19 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] 3d printer project Graham Stabler 2007-05-31 18:54:23 UTC Re: 3d printer project afogassa 2007-05-31 19:20:13 UTC Re: 3d printer project vrsculptor 2007-05-31 19:54:32 UTC List Mom Help - 3d printer project