CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: 3d printer binder supply

Posted by G L Travis
on 2007-06-01 05:44:50 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Cain" <ccain@...>
wrote:

> The standard way to measure viscosity is with a zahn cup, this is
> basically just a small cup with a hole in it and you fill it and
time
> how long it takes to change from a stream to drips
>
> Coming out of the hole. For ratio measurements the cup would not
need
> calibration so should be simple to make one.
>

> Chris

<SNIP>

These cups used to be available at most paint supplies for measuring
the viscosity of spray paints. On a slightly different vein, many
years ago I helped redesign the process used to manufacture ink for
inkjet heads for one manufacturer's prototype. It seems that their
original ink was an ideal medium for the growth of bacteria which was
slightly larger than the openings in their nozzles. They had torn
their hair out for months trying to find out why their cartriges were
failing at random intervals. Once the ink was sterilized to
pharmaceutical standards, no more failures. Might be something to
keep in mind.

Travis

Discussion Thread

Graham Stabler 2007-05-31 12:31:42 UTC 3d printer binder supply Abby Katt 2007-05-31 14:41:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] 3d printer binder supply Bob Headrick 2007-05-31 22:27:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] 3d printer binder supply Chris Cain 2007-06-01 02:11:24 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] 3d printer binder supply Graham Stabler 2007-06-01 02:18:06 UTC Re: 3d printer binder supply G L Travis 2007-06-01 05:44:50 UTC Re: 3d printer binder supply