CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Another flatbed printer video

on 2007-06-02 04:18:05 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "afogassa" <afogassa@...> wrote:

> The motor reverses to get the paper, about 3/4 of a page, so I
> think it won't be that hard.

The only issue is that the backwards movement takes the gantry a long
way from the papaer pick up point, so far that it thinks it has
failed. Will be interesting to see, I guess this means your machine
will be quite long?

> This printer has a optic actuated by a lever paper switch, If I
> hold the swith as if the paper still on the printer it keeps feeding
> it.

Same as the HP, if you look at my last video at the top left of the
mdf bed you can see a piece of card sticking upwards, this is just
pinned to the side of the base. The opto is on the gantry and the
card slots into it. Its easy to adjust too.

> I can use that to make the head pass the build piston after done
> printing and stop. then when it starts to print it will move the
> printer in reverse to pick paper( spread the powder) and trigger
> another switch that is the paper edge(starting position.)

That's pretty much what I am doing, the build and supply boxes are
less than half the size of a page although I think they could be a
little bigger as the printer can keep feeding for a while.

I'm going to have to hurry up Fogassa or you will overtake me :)

Good luck with it!

Graham

Discussion Thread

Graham Stabler 2007-06-01 17:54:06 UTC Another flatbed printer video afogassa 2007-06-01 19:58:12 UTC Re: Another flatbed printer video Graham Stabler 2007-06-02 04:18:05 UTC Re: Another flatbed printer video afogassa 2007-06-02 06:13:26 UTC Re: Another flatbed printer video