CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: cnc microtome

on 2007-06-12 05:37:53 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "optics22000" <elliot@...> wrote:

> Graham,
> Have you checked ebay for a microtome?
> As for the knowledge required to use one, perhaps you could find a
> research paper describing microtomed tissue, then contact the author?
>
> regards-
> Elliot

I was just hoping for a reality check on the use of my stepper stages,
they would offer a distinct advantage over a conventional rotary
microtome if there was a chance of them working. I can't see a reason
why not but there often is.

Ebay has a few over in the states, I'm talking to a used equipment
supplier over here and also trying to find a biology department that
will just let me borrow one, I bet there is a dusty one in a cupboard
somewhere no one wants :)

I've also contacted the author of some articles on using microtomes,
the main issue will be embedding, the insect thorax is very hard
compared to many specimins examined.

Cheers,

Graham

Discussion Thread

Graham Stabler 2007-06-11 06:31:12 UTC cnc microtome optics22000 2007-06-12 05:31:44 UTC Re: cnc microtome Graham Stabler 2007-06-12 05:37:53 UTC Re: cnc microtome Wkuehsel@a... 2007-06-12 07:49:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: cnc microtome David G. LeVine 2007-06-12 17:44:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: cnc microtome