CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Servo Motor & Driver

Posted by Mark Vaughan
on 2007-06-18 04:27:29 UTC
VR could mean all sorts of things. It is a term highly misused, some people
have referred to a normal DC servo motor as being variable reluctance, and
it is sort of arguable but not really correct. Some AC servo motors have
compound stators so their reluctance does truly vary with speed, and perhaps
the same could be applied to a DC servo, these would have exceptional torque
at low rpm's. Then there are true variable reluctance where the reluctance
can be controlled, don't remember much about them, but I do remember they
exist, or at least did on paper when I was a college.

If your servo's are good and you can find out how to control them keep them
as is, based on recent experience with other products I am fairly confident
it will be far superior than most of the alternatives.

Dr. Mark Vaughan Ph'D. B.Eng. M0VAU

Managing Director

Vaughan Industries Ltd, reg in UK no 2561068

Water Care Technology Ltd, reg in UK no 4129351

Addr Unit3, Sydney House, Blackwater, Truro, Cornwall, TR4 8HH, UK.
Phone/Fax 44 1872 561288

RSGB DRM111(Cornwall)

_____