CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: lexmark 3d printer is back (binder & build matl)

Posted by H & J Johnson
on 2008-01-22 07:03:09 UTC
Have you guys tried looking through USG.com's site? They have several
high performance plasters. One in particular which might work for you
is called Rayite100. It has a flash time of 20-30 minutes and comes
out like plastic [it's a plasticized plaster.. if thats the proper term]
just add water. It's origin is as a castable and machinable plaster.
It is supposed to machine dust free [just soap like chips]. It's also
great for those who want to do test machined parts and patterns
as well. It's not terribly cheap however, a 22kg bag is ~$125usd..

If that doesn't fit the bill, there may be other types on there which
would... they have hundreds of different types of plaster for different
applications..

FWIW
Jarrett Johnson

> Guys - we were going to try dental alginate in our machine, but never
> got around to it - in "cup" tests, however, it seemed to perform just
> as well (time to solid, absorption, heat, etc) as our original
> high-performance build material. We also tried a bit of molder's
> plaster (it does feel finer than wall-patch) with equaled success, so
> spread-ability is the real determining factor here (stabilizers and
> de-cakers really don't apply to our typical storage times!)
>
> I don't know which post it was, but I think I recall one of you
> mentioning that perhaps "adding a glue to the build material"....ZC
> announced on their price list just recently a new premium performance
> build material with binder added for greater green
> strength...small world.
>
> Ted.
>
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "afogassa" <afogassa@...>
> wrote:>
> > --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Graham Stabler"

> cartridge.> > > it's aluminum an about 30mm diameter.
> > > >

> > > I used to have a nice roller like that but thought I would
> never
> > need
> > > it, should be easy to find one though.
> > >
> > > What about the rotation speed, have you synced it to the
> movement
> > of
> > > the gantry or did you just experiment? How well does it work
> and
> > do
> > > you think the plaster used is of great importance, you used zcorp
> > > stuff right?
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Graham
> > >

> > I'm using just plain plaster, it does not spreads nice.
> > Zcorp plaster is granulated, almost like refined sugar, it
> should
> > spread very nice, I don't have enough zcorp powder to fill the
> > feeding bin with it, so can't tell for shure.
> > i've tried refined sugar and it spreads very nice.
> > The rotation speed was just to get the powder spread,not shure
> at
> > what speed it's rotating, I guess it's about 200rpm.
> > The type of plaster is very important, as it should spread
> without
> > lumps.
> > There is a granulated dental plaster that I've to check it out.
> > I think that the main thing is to get the right binder or glue
> > hold the plaster particles togheter and does not clog the
> printer
> > head, that's a tough one.

> wanliker@..., timg@...
> Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@...
> davemucha@... [Moderators]
>
> OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
> reach it if you have trouble.

> be a sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members
> are there, for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
>
> NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING
> [...]

Discussion Thread

afogassa 2008-01-07 15:44:17 UTC lexmark 3d printer is back Graham Stabler 2008-01-08 01:34:02 UTC Re: lexmark 3d printer is back afogassa 2008-01-08 09:37:25 UTC Re: lexmark 3d printer is back Graham Stabler 2008-01-08 12:23:38 UTC Re: lexmark 3d printer is back afogassa 2008-01-08 13:01:31 UTC Re: lexmark 3d printer is back Graham Stabler 2008-01-08 15:13:39 UTC Re: lexmark 3d printer is back laserted007 2008-01-22 06:46:26 UTC Re: lexmark 3d printer is back (binder & build matl) H & J Johnson 2008-01-22 07:03:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: lexmark 3d printer is back (binder & build matl) afogassa 2008-01-22 07:37:37 UTC Re: lexmark 3d printer is back (binder & build matl) Maxi Bertotto 2008-01-22 09:50:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: lexmark 3d printer is back (binder & build matl) afogassa 2008-01-22 14:41:27 UTC Re: lexmark 3d printer is back (binder & build matl) Maxi Bertotto 2008-01-23 01:54:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: lexmark 3d printer is back (binder & build matl) afogassa 2008-01-23 04:50:29 UTC Re: lexmark 3d printer is back (binder & build matl) vrsculptor 2008-01-24 08:57:01 UTC Re: lexmark 3d printer is back (binder & build matl)