CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: lexmark 3d printer is back (binder & build matl)

Posted by afogassa
on 2008-01-22 07:37:37 UTC
This is what I came up with, maltodextrin 25% and 75% regular
plaster. It holds the plaster particles realy well, I've got the
first part out of the machine with that mix printing on high setting
(1200 dpi) and a 0.1mm slice.
It looks very nice.
Just don't add too much dextrin, or the parts starts to curl while
printing.
Dextrin works like glue when it gets wet, I do print and then put
the part on the owen (60 degrees centigrade) for about 30 min then
seal it with cianoacrylate(super bond).
If you don't seal it , it keeps absorving humidity and never gets
hard enough to handle it, it's rainning a lot down here.
The plaster powder sample I've got from zcorp had some kind of
glue mixed with it, probably PVA, so I tough about adding the
dextrin to the plaster and guess what.., it work.
I've to do a little work on the sliding shafts before atempting to
get another part printed out.
Don't know if the parts will come up dimension stable but it was
nice to see it printing ( about 233 layers).
The finish line is not there anymore!!

Fogassa.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, H & J Johnson
<hjjohnson@...> wrote:

> Have you guys tried looking through USG.com's site? They have
several
> high performance plasters. One in particular which might work for
you
> is called Rayite100. It has a flash time of 20-30 minutes and comes
> out like plastic [it's a plasticized plaster.. if thats the proper
term]
> just add water. It's origin is as a castable and machinable
plaster.
> It is supposed to machine dust free [just soap like chips]. It's
also
> great for those who want to do test machined parts and patterns
> as well. It's not terribly cheap however, a 22kg bag is ~$125usd..
>
> If that doesn't fit the bill, there may be other types on there
which
> would... they have hundreds of different types of plaster for
different
> applications..
>
> FWIW
> Jarrett Johnson
>
> > Guys - we were going to try dental alginate in our machine, but
never
> > got around to it - in "cup" tests, however, it seemed to perform
just
> > as well (time to solid, absorption, heat, etc) as our original
> > high-performance build material. We also tried a bit of molder's
> > plaster (it does feel finer than wall-patch) with equaled
success, so
> > spread-ability is the real determining factor here (stabilizers
and
> > de-cakers really don't apply to our typical storage times!)
> >
> > I don't know which post it was, but I think I recall one of you
> > mentioning that perhaps "adding a glue to the build
material"....ZC
> > announced on their price list just recently a new premium
performance
> > build material with binder added for greater green
> > strength...small world.
> >
> > Ted.
> >
> > --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "afogassa" <afogassa@>
> > wrote:>
> > > --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Graham Stabler"

> > cartridge.> > > it's aluminum an about 30mm diameter.

> > never
> > > need

> > movement
> > > of
> > and
> > > do

> > > I'm using just plain plaster, it does not spreads nice.
> > > Zcorp plaster is granulated, almost like refined sugar, it
> > should
> > > spread very nice, I don't have enough zcorp powder to fill the
> > > feeding bin with it, so can't tell for shure.
> > > i've tried refined sugar and it spreads very nice.
> > > The rotation speed was just to get the powder spread,not
shure
> > at
> > > what speed it's rotating, I guess it's about 200rpm.
> > > The type of plaster is very important, as it should spread
> > without
> > > lumps.
> > > There is a granulated dental plaster that I've to check it
out.
> > > I think that the main thing is to get the right binder or
glue
> > > hold the plaster particles togheter and does not clog the
> > printer
> > > head, that's a tough one.
> > >

> > Addresses:
> > Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
> >
> > Subscribe: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
> > wanliker@..., timg@...
> > Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@...
> > davemucha@... [Moderators]
> >
> > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
> > aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
> > reach it if you have trouble.
> > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

> > be a sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members
> > are there, for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED
list.

> > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
POSTING
> > THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO
EXCEPTIONS........
> > bill
> > List Mom
> > List Owner
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

Discussion Thread

afogassa 2008-01-07 15:44:17 UTC lexmark 3d printer is back Graham Stabler 2008-01-08 01:34:02 UTC Re: lexmark 3d printer is back afogassa 2008-01-08 09:37:25 UTC Re: lexmark 3d printer is back Graham Stabler 2008-01-08 12:23:38 UTC Re: lexmark 3d printer is back afogassa 2008-01-08 13:01:31 UTC Re: lexmark 3d printer is back Graham Stabler 2008-01-08 15:13:39 UTC Re: lexmark 3d printer is back laserted007 2008-01-22 06:46:26 UTC Re: lexmark 3d printer is back (binder & build matl) H & J Johnson 2008-01-22 07:03:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: lexmark 3d printer is back (binder & build matl) afogassa 2008-01-22 07:37:37 UTC Re: lexmark 3d printer is back (binder & build matl) Maxi Bertotto 2008-01-22 09:50:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: lexmark 3d printer is back (binder & build matl) afogassa 2008-01-22 14:41:27 UTC Re: lexmark 3d printer is back (binder & build matl) Maxi Bertotto 2008-01-23 01:54:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: lexmark 3d printer is back (binder & build matl) afogassa 2008-01-23 04:50:29 UTC Re: lexmark 3d printer is back (binder & build matl) vrsculptor 2008-01-24 08:57:01 UTC Re: lexmark 3d printer is back (binder & build matl)