CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] How to use my CNC setup as or with a DRO?

Posted by Leslie Newell
on 2008-02-08 01:20:45 UTC
What control software are you using? If you are using Mach3 you can add
electronic handwheels. They do behave slightly differently to mechanical
handwheels but you soon get used to it. The advantage with this is that
you can mix CNC and manual. For instance, say you want to drill a hole
at 3,10. In MDI enter G0X3Y10 then use the Z handwheel to do the
drilling. Once you get the hang of it, you can do one-off work very
quickly this way.

I believe there is also a board available that will allow Mach to
monitor the encoders so it will track movements while estopped.

Les

dspinnett wrote:
> So, sometimes (ok, most of the time) I'd rather just use the mill manually rather than CNC. Is
> there an easy way to use the rotary encoders on my servo motors with a DRO display unit?
>
> TIA

Discussion Thread

dspinnett 2008-02-07 19:01:40 UTC How to use my CNC setup as or with a DRO? Michael Fagan 2008-02-07 19:08:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] How to use my CNC setup as or with a DRO? Stephen Wille Padnos 2008-02-07 19:12:53 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] How to use my CNC setup as or with a DRO? Jon Elson 2008-02-07 22:33:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] How to use my CNC setup as or with a DRO? Leslie Newell 2008-02-08 01:20:45 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] How to use my CNC setup as or with a DRO?