CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help needed to select a Motion Control Card.

on 2008-03-14 16:40:42 UTC
If you don't want the hassle and you want ease of interfacing to the I/o for
about 2k you get a system that is gcode complete with software and Ladder
logic with 48 inputs and 32 outputs plus analog in for feed and speed
overide. It has no timing issues in windows because it comes with its own
real time kernal. It is the Power Automation CNC. It also handles linear
compensation and backlash and any macro for toolchanger that you need.

Harko

On 3/14/08, Stephen Wille Padnos <spadnos@...> wrote:

> Alps Technologies wrote:
>
> >Hello All,
> >
> >I recently joined this group. I am working on used CNC Milling/Lathe
> machines to
> >repair/replace their control panel and/or malfunctioned drives.
> >In this regard, I need some information regarding Motion Control Cards,
> there are
> >lots of products available over the Internet offering multi-axis DSP
> based motion
> >control cards.
> >
> >Can anybody please help me select a card from the following list:
> >

> It would be helpful if you mentioned what software you plan to use with
> the card you select. If you have software in mind already, then the
> first place to look is at their supported hardware list.
>
> If you don't have software chosen already, here are a couple of options:
> EMC2 has drivers for a number of servo cards, a list is here:
> <http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?EMC2_Supported_Hardware>
> These cards can be mixed and matched, ie, you can have more than one
> card in the system at a time, and they can be different cards as well.
>
> EMC2 is the only low-cost controller (that I know of) which supports
> true servo control - with EMC2 closing the servo loop.
> More info and a live CD ISO are here:
> <http://www.linuxcnc.org>
> The LiveCD is a bootable CD that gives you a chance to try out EMC2 and
> the realtime Linux kernel. It's based on Ubuntu Linux, which is quite
> easy to use. You do not need to install to your hard drive to try it
> out (but of course any changes you make while booted from CD will not be
> saved).
>
> If you want to use Mach3 on windows, this is the list of supported
> hardware:
> <http://www.artsoftcontrols.com/artsoft/plugin.htm>
>
> There are other controller packages, you just need to choose one and
> look at the supported hardware.
>
> If you're writing your own code, then I strongly suggest EMC2, since all
> the source is readily available.
>
> - Steve

Alps Technologies 2008-03-14 10:17:15 UTC Help needed to select a Motion Control Card. Stephen Wille Padnos 2008-03-14 10:58:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help needed to select a Motion Control Card. Harko Schwartz 2008-03-14 16:40:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help needed to select a Motion Control Card. Alps Technologies 2008-03-20 04:10:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help needed to select a Motion Control Card.