CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Help : Errors in My CNC Machine?

on 2008-04-27 20:32:42 UTC
If you don't have a copy of all the parameters and software to load into the
system it is a mute point. You need to get the manufacturer to send you
your exact machine files. Then you will have to do a sequencial load into
the system.

Harko

On 4/26/08, Jon Elson <elson@...> wrote:

> >>Without knowing anything about the machine, I might guess that a
> >>memory backup battery ran out of power, and the memory that
> >>stored the machine setup parameters lost its information.
> >>This may be very hard to get reloaded with the correct info
> >>unless it was written down somewhere.
> >>
> >>Jon
> >>

> > Or a power surge did something nasty.
> Losing all the config data in memory is bad enough! If a power
> surge took out several boards, it could get REAL expensive, if
> Finn-Power is anything like Allen-Bradley. One guy told me he
> was quoted $3000 for a service trip to replace a worn-out memory
> backup battery of the Gel-cell type. He put in a motorcycle
> battery himself.
>
> Jon

Firas Nieroukh 2008-04-26 09:49:38 UTC Help : Errors in My CNC Machine? Jon Elson 2008-04-26 13:04:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help : Errors in My CNC Machine? Monte 2008-04-26 13:23:09 UTC Re: Help : Errors in My CNC Machine? Jon Elson 2008-04-26 17:37:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Help : Errors in My CNC Machine? Harko Schwartz 2008-04-27 20:32:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Help : Errors in My CNC Machine?