CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: latching E-stop button and relay vs. momentary E-stop button and latching re

Posted by Monte
on 2008-05-11 21:35:50 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Fagan"
<woodworker88@...> wrote:

> On my CNC Taig mill, my mechanical e-stop button (which mechanically
> opens a NC switch until it is turned and reset) disconnects power to
> the Xylotex stepper driver board and the large solid state relay that
> controls the spindle. It does not (yet) send an E-stop signal back to
> EMC2 to halt step and direction signals.

Is the "large SSR" on a board that you cooked up?

>I need to hook up a latching
> relay to prevent power-on after a power outage.

Yeah, that one I hadn't thought of before Bill mentioned it.

Monte

Discussion Thread

Monte 2008-05-11 10:47:44 UTC latching E-stop button and relay vs. momentary E-stop button and latching relay Robert Colin Campbell 2008-05-11 12:23:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] latching E-stop button and relay vs. momentary E-stop button and latching relay Michael Fagan 2008-05-11 12:47:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] latching E-stop button and relay vs. momentary E-stop button and latching relay Monte 2008-05-11 21:32:44 UTC Re: latching E-stop button and relay vs. momentary E-stop button and latching re Monte 2008-05-11 21:35:50 UTC Re: latching E-stop button and relay vs. momentary E-stop button and latching re