CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: my CNC research project

Posted by gsi11135
on 2008-07-10 07:56:43 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "afogassa" <afogassa@...>
wrote:

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "mayfieldtm" <mayfieldt@>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "afogassa" <afogassa@>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "alexander samuel
> borsody"

> borsody"

> > > thomasnet.com,
> the
> > > building
I'm
> in
> > > what
> > > interested in
> > > homebuilt
> help!
> be
> > > useful
> anywhere

> in

> > > i don't think you'll find parametric programming on pc based
> cnc
> > > programms, pc cnc controllers are made to make life easy.
> > > I did work with industrial controllers that uses that such as
> > > FAGOR, and it's very usefull for simple tasks like programming
> > > taper wall milling, or making pockets, but when it comes to
more
> > > complex geometry then a cam is needed.
> > > Eaving Fagor controllers has grafics or a mini Cad/Cam built
> in to
> > > help programming.
> > > In production works all the programming is done by hand as
you
> can
> > > make a more efficient programm that way and save time during
the
> > > manufacturing process, so , you losse some time programming ,
> while
> > > the machine is running some other parts, but you save machine
> time
> > > on the long run.
> > > I'm not a big fan of parametric, no matter how good someone
> did
> > > the parametric stuff, it takes far less time to draw and to
> > > generate the cnc programm with a cad/cam software that's
> becoming
> > > cheaper and cheaper these days.
> > > You can build a cnc milling for less then 2K but don't
expect
> > > have that 200 in/min and 0.001" accuracy.
> > > I did find out that accuracy comes to be exponential in price.
> > >

> > If you want to be a Technical Writer, then, you might want to
> brush up
> > on your Grammar and Spelling.
> >
> > Tom M.
> >
> hi Tom,
> I'm not shure if that was to me( since I don't write English very
> well) , I'm sorry English is not my First language, so forgive me
> for mistakes, I was just Trying to help out.
> BTW, the 3d printer software is almost done, too bad you can't read
> Portuguese:-)
>
> Fogassa.

That's what babelfish (http://babelfish.yahoo.com/) is for! :) From
there more questions will spring I'm sure...

Joseph

Discussion Thread

Philip Burman 2008-07-09 00:12:51 UTC Re: my CNC research project afogassa 2008-07-09 08:20:04 UTC Re: my CNC research project mayfieldtm 2008-07-09 10:20:12 UTC Re: my CNC research project afogassa 2008-07-09 19:40:54 UTC Re: my CNC research project mayfieldtm 2008-07-10 06:00:21 UTC Re: my CNC research project gsi11135 2008-07-10 07:56:43 UTC Re: my CNC research project William J Weder 2008-07-11 13:58:35 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: my CNC research project