CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: my CNC research project

on 2008-07-11 13:58:35 UTC
I too, am an amateur with no experience. Am interested and am assuming
that your project will
Need to author/adapt/program a go code interpreter for your project. If
this is so, I once thought
About using Object/Rexx which is an interpretive open-source command
language interpreter. There is a unique
feature in Rexx in that any line of source code that begins with a quote is
automatically sent to
Whatever program is registered as the "command" environment. This
typically was used to
Send a command to the operating system's command line interpreter but in
your case, could be a go-code interpreter which interprets only a single
line of go-code.

How is that of interest?
This feature of the REXX language would allow IF/Then/else and computational
logic to be injected among the quoted lines which could be go codes.
Thus do/while and other logic could be placed in the go-code stream with all
the go-codes sent to a
Go-code interpreter program with the results of the go-code operation being
returned in a results "variable" for optional
Testing by IF statements/logic.

I once used a system test tool that had REXX as a language. The test cases
were in a text file which was concatenated with a bunch of rexx subroutines
and then loaded, and run to mimic a user setting at a terminal , keying in
data, and wainting for the system to respond and automatically checking to
see if the system came back with the right response message. If not, the
script could be aborted by the logic in the Rexx subroutines.

I am naively assuming that the parametric programming you referred to is
equivalent to the injected "if/then/else" statements or to special codes
that would be part of a go-code command interpreter.

In any event, it would seem a lot of logic capability would be available
free of the burden of work if an environment could be crafted around the
open-source Rexx stuff.

You asked for thinking out of the box, there it is.
Bill Weder