CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Taig limit switches

kbucklitch wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> I have a Taig mill,converted to CNC control, driven by Mach 3. I have
> used this for a couple of years without the benefit of limit or home
> switches. I am now considering the installation of these switches and
> would appreciate some input.
>
> Has anyone on the list added limit and/or home switches to their Taig
> mill? If so, could you give me a quick run-through on how you did it.
> A link to a website with illustrations would be much appreciated.

Yes. I got some very small microswitches and mounted them to the
various axes. For the X, I removed the big stop post in the front
middle of the saddle and cut it with an upside-down Vee. I made some
tiny T-nuts to fit in the slot in the front, and mounted the microswitch
to that slot. This is a picture of that machine (sold to a customer)
but the details are real hard to see. I think the Y and Z axis switches
are visible, but the X is covered by the chip guard.

kbucklitch 2008-10-01 03:01:07 UTC Taig limit switches Jon Elson 2008-10-01 10:40:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Taig limit switches kbucklitch 2008-10-01 12:30:32 UTC Re: Taig limit switches Jon Elson 2008-10-01 20:06:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Taig limit switches