CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Interfacing VFD with a carriage stop switch on a lathe

rosnekcaj wrote:
> More detailed information:
> I am using the GE-Fuji AF-300VFD on my South Bend 10 hvy lathe. I'm trying to figure out how to interface an adjustable stop switch that detects carriage position. According to the manual there is a function provided (E2-7) "Coast-to-stop". What I'm really after is "Brake-to-stop". I am using the built-in keypad to run the lathe. Had I set it up and ran it from a remote control panel, it would have been simple to wire in the auxiliary switch in series with the run command signal and thereby getting a braked stop. Or a switch wired in parallel with the key pad's stop switch would do the task, but I'd prefer not modifying the unit since the 2 wires or contacts I'm after are not unavailable externally.
>
> I can program the unit to interface with a remote control panel or its own self contained keypad but not both simultaneously. Unless I find a solution, I'll have to be satisfied with the "Coast-to-stop" function. Any suggestions?

If the unit can be set up for a 2-button control, there is a NO button
to start and an NC button to stop.
Wire the stop switch so it is normally closed, and in series with your
control panel switch. You may just have
to set up an external control panel and put it on a convenient place on
the lathe.
You can probably set a deceleration rate and a min frequency to engage
DC braking. You may also have
to add a braking resistor.

rosnekcaj 2010-07-14 19:41:32 UTC Interfacing VFD with a carriage stop switch on a lathe rosnekcaj 2010-07-17 13:31:18 UTC Re: Interfacing VFD with a carriage stop switch on a lathe Jon Elson 2010-07-17 14:09:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Interfacing VFD with a carriage stop switch on a lathe rosnekcaj 2010-07-18 05:53:49 UTC Re: Interfacing VFD with a carriage stop switch on a lathe