CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Dolphin December Offers

on 2010-12-12 05:02:10 UTC
You should have looked at t-flex cad cam a great product.

Harko

Harko Schwartz

On Dec 12, 2010, at 12:45 AM, Mike Payson <mike@...> wrote:

> Tim, I agree the way they handle things is weird and pretty dumb in my
> opinion. That said, one nice thing about their policy is that once you have
> a feature in Alibre, you never lose it even if they remove it from your
> current license level. I have features in my $99 copy that I would need to
> pay $1000 for now (such as full import/export capabilities), because shortly
> after I bought it they changed the features that were included in each
> level. This holds true even though version upgrades, if you had a feature in
> v12, you will still have it in v2011 (guess they are scared of v13)
> regardless of changes in their license levels.
>
> On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 9:13 PM, timgoldstein <timg@...> wrote:
>
> > --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Mike Payson <mike@...> wrote:
> > >
> > > If you want a cheap CAD only product, Alibre is a much more powerful
> > product
> > > than ViaCAD. I have both, but since I bought Alibre I never tough ViaCAD.
> > >
> > > http://www.alibre.com/products/hobby/
> >
> > I would certainly second Alibre as a super value in a full 3D CAD only
> > system. Their highest end product also has Visual Mill Basic CAM integrated.
> >
> > I used Alibre for my primary CAD system when I started A2Z CNC and
> > continued with it for about 4 years. It served me very well. Eventually
> > ended up needing some of the more advanced features and greater productivity
> > of a higher and product. Evaluated both Solidworks and Autodesk Inventor and
> > decided Inventor was the better choice with both at about the same cost.
> > What was nice is pretty much all the techinque and approach I learned with
> > Alibre transfer over to both Solidworks and Inventory. I am convinced that
> > if you learn Alibre, other than figuring out where things are you can step
> > into many of the professional 3D solid type programs and be productive right
> > away. For a hobbyist, you will probably never need to move beyond Alibre.
> >
> > My only frustration with Alibre is the ridiculous way they do their
> > maintainance. I have signed lots of software maintainance deals over the
> > years as I used to run an IT department for a company that did application
> > development and have 4 different product personally that have maintainance.
> > The norm (like eveyone but Alibre) is you pay about 20% of the license cost
> > and you always get the newest version of the level your original license is
> > for. The great part is you get all the new feature that you would get if you
> > bought the same level license currently. This is where Alibre differs. The
> > cost is the same percentage on their higher end products, BUT you have to
> > pay extra to get the new features. You get the new version, but only with
> > the feature that existed when you bought your license. Total bullshit and is
> > the only reason that I did not just renew my Alibre maintance for 3 years.
> > Alibre lost a $750 sale and the reality is it makes no difference to me as I
> > am only using it to open old files until I redo them in Inventor.

> [...]

Michael Milligan 2010-12-10 05:41:03 UTC [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Dolphin December Offers Lee Whiteley 2010-12-10 16:14:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Dolphin December Offers Ron Thompson 2010-12-10 18:56:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Dolphin December Offers Lester Caine 2010-12-10 22:29:45 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Dolphin December Offers timgoldstein 2010-12-11 12:12:48 UTC Re: Dolphin December Offers Ron Thompson 2010-12-11 13:57:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Dolphin December Offers Mike Payson 2010-12-11 14:04:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Dolphin December Offers timgoldstein 2010-12-11 21:14:11 UTC Re: Dolphin December Offers Mike Payson 2010-12-11 21:45:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Dolphin December Offers Harko Schwartz 2010-12-12 05:02:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Dolphin December Offers timgoldstein 2010-12-12 09:52:09 UTC Re: CAD/CAM programs (Was: Dolphin December Offers) timgoldstein 2010-12-12 10:03:34 UTC Re: Dolphin December Offers Jack McKie 2010-12-12 10:22:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: CAD/CAM programs (Was: Dolphin December Offers) Michael Milligan 2010-12-13 04:17:15 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Dolphin December Offers