CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Emc2 beginner help please?

Posted by Ron Thompson
on 2011-01-29 06:16:29 UTC
On 1/29/2011 4:08 AM, Brian wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Hoping someone can help me here. I have built a router, installed
> emc2, done the setups, and everything seems fine, I can run toolpaths
> (air cutting!) and jog and all that basic stuff. But for the life of
> me, I can't find out how to start a toolpath at a designated point, ie
> I can get my toolpaths to run, but not from where I made my 0,0 in the
> cam program. It is not the program, as I have tried a few. I do not
> have home or limit switches, and have been using the Sherline
> reference manual, as they are set up like that too. I want to know
> how, once I have homed all the axis, I can get the cutter to start
> either at the bottom corner, or dead center of the job.
>
> I have waded through so many Emc pdf's that i'm cross-eyed. I don't
> have a lot of time to devote to this, and it seems every time is like
> starting all over again. I fully intend to write a beginners guide to
> emc once I have it mastered, as there doesn't seem to be anything like
> that out there.
>
> Many thanks guys,
>
> Brian

I use Mach3. In Mach3 you need to zero your axes at the correct point
for your part. Jog to where that is and zero each axis. Then run your
G-code program.

--

Ron Thompson

There are two kinds of posts on newsgroups.
1. This is what I have done...
2. This is what I think...
Be aware of the difference!

http://www.ourcadguy.com/

Visit the castinghobby FAQ:

Brian 2011-01-29 01:08:59 UTC Emc2 beginner help please? Ron Thompson 2011-01-29 06:16:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Emc2 beginner help please? Michael Fagan 2011-01-29 07:03:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Emc2 beginner help please? Jon Elson 2011-01-29 09:30:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Emc2 beginner help please? KINEZ 2011-01-29 10:45:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Emc2 beginner help please?