CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Emc2 beginner help please?

Posted by Michael Fagan
on 2011-01-29 07:03:44 UTC
You need to "home" the axis at the far extent of your travel, and then set a
part zero point at the corner or center of your part. Look for the DRO-like
axis position screen and there are some buttons associated with it.

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 04:08, Brian <electromodeler@...> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Hoping someone can help me here. I have built a router, installed emc2,
> done the setups, and everything seems fine, I can run toolpaths (air
> cutting!) and jog and all that basic stuff. But for the life of me, I can't
> find out how to start a toolpath at a designated point, ie I can get my
> toolpaths to run, but not from where I made my 0,0 in the cam program. It is
> not the program, as I have tried a few. I do not have home or limit
> switches, and have been using the Sherline reference manual, as they are set
> up like that too. I want to know how, once I have homed all the axis, I can
> get the cutter to start either at the bottom corner, or dead center of the
> job.
>
> I have waded through so many Emc pdf's that i'm cross-eyed. I don't have a
> lot of time to devote to this, and it seems every time is like starting all
> over again. I fully intend to write a beginners guide to emc once I have it
> mastered, as there doesn't seem to be anything like that out there.
>
> Many thanks guys,
>
> Brian

Brian 2011-01-29 01:08:59 UTC Emc2 beginner help please? Ron Thompson 2011-01-29 06:16:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Emc2 beginner help please? Michael Fagan 2011-01-29 07:03:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Emc2 beginner help please? Jon Elson 2011-01-29 09:30:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Emc2 beginner help please? KINEZ 2011-01-29 10:45:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Emc2 beginner help please?