CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] No motor movement

Posted by bob campbell
on 2011-11-12 08:26:12 UTC
Spencer,

If the motors do not move then most likely it has something to do with the
step signals. First make sure that the parallel port is working. I always
suggest that the user looks at the diagnostic page then trips one of the
limit switches or puts a jumper across one of the limit inputs. The yellow
light on the diagnostic page should light up. If that works, then you know
that the parallel port connection should be OK.

The next thing to look at is the common 5 volts or common ground connections
to your drivers. On the breakout board that I sell there is a jumper to
select either ground or 5 volts. It must be correct to match what the driver
needs.

If the motors lock up you know that the motors are getting power.

Bob Campbell

-----Original Message-----
From: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of spencermyers20
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2011 2:25 PM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] No motor movement

I bought a kit from hobby cnc. I built everything and checked all the test
points. It's perfect. When hook up to the computer nothing happens. My
motors lock up as they should when I power up. But I can't do any cnc
cutting. I'm new to all this cnc so I don't know what I'm doing at all. I
don't know a lot about computers either but learn as I go. Can anyone help,
I'm desperate. I'm using solidcad with solidcam for software.

[Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
you have trouble.