CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: PMDX-122 with which THC

Posted by morerust
on 2011-11-21 17:20:21 UTC
Tom's comments regarding the number of inputs
is correct. The PMDX-122 offers 4 user assignable
inputs. After using 3 for the THC, only one is
left for any other purpose, including limit
switches. This can work as long as you do not
mind ganging all the limit switches on one
input.

Tom credits the PMDX-122 with having optically
isolated inputs, which it DOES NOT have. For
this reason we usually recommend that it not
be used in plasma systems. Sure, we have some
customers who do it, but they either have a
good design that avoids noise problems, or
have just plain been lucky.

We normally recommend the PMDX-126, which does
have optical isolation, when customers want to
use the CandCNC LCTHC or any of the Sound Logic
designed THC units.

Regards,
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <thom@...> wrote:

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "bob campbell" <bob@> wrote:
> >
> > Rick,
> >
> > I will have Randy Ray contact you. Randy has what you need. Randy took over
> > the THC business from Jim Cullins. Randy also has some new offerings.
> >
> > Bob Campbell
> >
> And, what Randy will tell him is, he needs 3 dedicated inputs for MACH.
> Been the same since day one (THC300 days)! Gotta have: UP, DOWN and Arc OK. Most single port BoB cards have 5 inputs. One is for e-stop and 4 are for all other inputs. If you want homes and limits then there is not enough for the three more for the THC.
>
> The PMDX 122 card has opto isolated inputs (the standard 5).
>
> The PMDX 126 card has 8 opto isolated inputs (muxed) The ONLY other BoB that has more than 5 inputs (9) from a single parallel port, is our UBOB III card (that is also in the MP3000-DTHCII.
>
> The customer wants a way to use his PMDX 122 card but the fact remains that he STILL NEEDS 3 inputs dedicated to the THC functions in MACH.
>
> Tom caudle
> www.Candcnc.com

Discussion Thread

richybocaz 2011-11-21 11:05:15 UTC PMDX-122 with which THC bob campbell 2011-11-21 16:33:11 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PMDX-122 with which THC Tom 2011-11-21 16:52:21 UTC Re: PMDX-122 with which THC morerust 2011-11-21 17:20:21 UTC Re: PMDX-122 with which THC Ricardo Bocaz Bocaz 2011-11-21 18:39:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: PMDX-122 with which THC bob campbell 2011-11-22 07:10:34 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: PMDX-122 with which THC