CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: PMDX-122 with which THC

Posted by bob campbell
on 2011-11-22 07:10:34 UTC
Rick,

Most breakout boards are not optically isolated on the step and direction
lines. Most were designed to work with the Gecko drives. The reason for this
is that most of the Gecko drives have a built in optical isolator. Having
two optical isolators in series can cause timing problems.

Most breakout boards do have optical isolators on the other lines.

Bob Campbell

-----Original Message-----
From: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Ricardo Bocaz Bocaz
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 8:39 PM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: PMDX-122 with which THC

I'm not an electric guy at all. I'm a mechanic engineer. By telling
PMDX-122 is not optically isolated, I guess that's why I have some
mysterious errors, like e-stop gets on with no reason. Some times the
stepper don't go where they are supposed to go according to the
programming. Am I right?

Thanks for your responses

Rick

--
Ricardo Bocaz Bocaz
+56998627863

[Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
you have trouble.