CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: LinuxCNC and USB Controller

Posted by samcoinc2001
on 2013-08-02 19:48:19 UTC
Mesa also has a Ethernet interface card.. It is about this | | close to working. (waiting for xenomai realtime to be integrated into the main branch of linuxcnc - which should be soon and some driver debugging) The card is pretty cool - it is like the 5i20 (72 i/o and tons of expansion/daughter boards)

But - if you think that you won't need realtime on the computer - think again. This uses rtnet to communicate between linuxcnc and the interface card.. (which is a good thing)

there are a lot of things going on with linuxcnc right now. They putting things in place to make it easier to run on other linux distributions (among other things..)

sam

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "JackC" <jcoats@...> wrote:

> Just curious, is there a USB controller that can interface with LinuxCNC?
>
> There wasn't in the past, but I am just hoping there is now.

Discussion Thread

JackC 2013-08-02 17:36:56 UTC LinuxCNC and USB Controller Jon Elson 2013-08-02 18:21:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] LinuxCNC and USB Controller Jon Elson 2013-08-02 18:27:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] LinuxCNC and USB Controller samcoinc2001 2013-08-02 19:48:19 UTC Re: LinuxCNC and USB Controller