CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Getting farther off topic, but I guess air crashes involve work done to metal!

William Scalione wrote:

> Why was an aircraft dispatched with no fuel quantity indications and
> no fuel flow indications? If it weren't for the innocent passengers on
> board
> I would say they deserved to crash.
>
> I work for a major airline and our minimum equipment list for most
> aircraft
> allow one tank fuel quantity indication inop, provided all fuel flow
> indications
> are working, and the fuel is metered into the tank with the bad
> indication so
> they know exactly how much has been put in.

I probably have this wrong. It must have been only the fuel quantity
system was out.
It apparently has a central computer which was kaput. So, NO tank had
any fuel
quantity readout. But, the fuel flow indicators were most likely not
affected.
They THOUGHT they knew how much fuel they had!

I believe there were changes in the procedures and minimum equipment
list after this.

Jon Anderson 2000-10-04 07:47:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Getting farther off topic, but I guess air crashes involve work done to metal! Hugh Prescott 2000-10-04 09:00:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Getting farther off topic, but I guess air crashes involve work done to metal! Kevin P. Martin 2000-10-04 13:14:23 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Getting farther off topic, but I guess air crashes involve work done to metal! Hugh Prescott 2000-10-04 15:59:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Getting farther off topic, but I guess air crashes involve work done to metal! David Goodfellow 2000-10-04 16:10:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Getting farther off topic, but I guess air crashes involve work done to metal! Randy Gordon-Gilmore 2000-10-04 16:12:22 UTC Way the heck off topic, but it is kind of CAD in a way... Jon Elson 2000-10-04 23:16:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Getting farther off topic, but I guess air crashes involve work done to metal!