CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Off topic but very lucky

Posted by cnc4me@u...
on 2000-10-13 20:00:16 UTC
I have my own bussiness to and know what you are saying. But if you
are like me then it is the satisfaction of calling the shots and
following the path you set. Knowing you are not working for some
knot head who insists you put a round rod in a square hole.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, "Mariss Freimanis"
<geckohall@h...> wrote:
> I was talking to a friend of mine other day that I knew at Ohio
Sate
> when we were EE students there. We hadn't seen each other in a
> long while. He said had a career with an aerospace firm he
evidently
> didn't like. He told me of his hobbies and his interests, and
> then he said "I hear you're in business for yourself. You
> are so lucky. What's that like?" I smiled at my friend and
> didn't answer right away; I was thinking about his question:
>
> I am so lucky to work 7 days a week, starting at 6 AM and often
> finishing at 10 PM or later. To go to bed thinking about what I
could
> have done better, to wake up next morning thinking about how will.
>
> It is my luck to share 50 percent of my income with my business
> partner, Uncle Sam, who does not take my risks and is not to be
found
> to share the work or the losses if I make a mistake.
>
> It is my luck to live in fear that someone will find a flaw in my
> designs, something that I overlooked, didn't know or was careless
> about, something that will disgrace me.
>
> I am lucky to fear being inattentive when I produce my product,
that
> something will slip by me; a bad part, a poor process that damages
> what I build and sell.
>
> It is my luck to worry about things beyond my control, yet are
still
> my responsibility. Parts and components that are suddenly
unavailable
> that were before. Random acts of nature and economics.
>
> I am lucky to drop what I am doing, to interrupt whatever
interesting
> path my thoughts have taken me down to answer the phone and give my
> full attention to someone who needs assistance. They after all are
> the reason why I do what I do and deserve my full attention.
>
> I am lucky to make sure all my bills are paid. That comes before
any
> other concern. Obligations met are the measure of a man.
>
> It is my luck to be responsible when others aren't. Suppliers
> that promise but don't deliver, contractors that have a flexible
> interpretation of time. Parts that don't meet specification. It
> is my job to care where others don't or won't. To do over
> until it is right.
>
> I am lucky to serve my customers. To ship product when ordered, to
> give help and information when not. To treat everyone as I would
like
> to be treated. To give my best effort everyday.
>
> I replied to my friend after a while and said, " Yes, I guess I
> am lucky". I felt he had no clue by what I meant though.
>
> Mariss

Discussion Thread

Mariss Freimanis 2000-10-13 18:49:48 UTC Off topic but very lucky Tim Goldstein 2000-10-13 18:59:54 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Off topic but very lucky cnc002@a... 2000-10-13 19:03:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Off topic but very lucky cnc4me@u... 2000-10-13 20:00:16 UTC Re: Off topic but very lucky ptengin@a... 2000-10-13 20:18:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Off topic but very lucky Bob Bachman 2000-10-13 20:28:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Off topic but very lucky EDDWARD LEWIS 2000-10-13 20:32:49 UTC Re: Off topic but very lucky cnc4me@u... 2000-10-13 20:55:47 UTC Re: Off topic but very lucky Jon Elson 2000-10-13 23:50:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Off topic but very lucky Doug Harrison 2000-10-14 08:14:02 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Off topic but very lucky Jon Elson 2000-10-14 23:09:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Off topic but very lucky Doug Harrison 2000-10-15 06:15:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Off topic but very lucky